Monday, March 8, 2010

fun new things

I can't believe how quickly my kids are changing and how little time I have to blog about it! Here are a few new things:

Lincoln can read just about anything by himself. He occasionally needs help sounding out a tough word, but most of the time he flies solo. I'm so proud of him!
He is really growing up. He's getting more "Great Day!" reports from school and doesn't often get in trouble for anything there. I've always said that I know my children are going to act up but I'd rather them get all of that out in private instead of at school. He is kind to everyone and just wants everyone to be his friend. It really hurts his feelings if someone doesn't want to be his friend. He's such a sweet boy with a wonderful spirit.
He LOVES playing the Wii I got for my birthday. It's kind of frustrating watching him play, since Scott and I just want to help him to play better, but we know that he will get much better with lots of practice. I try to give him some alone time during the day to play on it so that he can learn and I can avoid frustration :)

Lexi has suddenly started speaking much better. For example, turtle used to sound like "tee-tee" and now it's "tuttle". There are several more examples but of course I can't think of any now. It's a lot easier to understand her!
She LOVES the show The Fresh Beat Band. It's kind of goofy, but she really loves it. She calls it "Beats!" and asks to watch it at least once a day.
She loves to praise herself after doing something... I hear "Good girl!" a lot out of her mouth.
She has a bad temper and quite an attitude but she can also be very sweet and loving. Her high-pitched temper tantrum scream drives me bonkers. It is seriously ear piercing.
She gives kisses, hugs, and "love" and says "Awww".
She loves all of her grandparents, but really has a soft spot for her grandfathers. I think they like her too ;)

I've got lots of pictures to post and maybe one of these days I'll find time to do that!

No comments: