Monday, November 23, 2009

better late than never

I meant to post this story a couple of months ago, when it happened, but I plain forgot. (Is it sad that I was tempted to type "I done fergot"?)
One day, as the kids and I were driving into town on an old 70-mph country road, a dove flew in front of our car and met its fate on my windshield. "THUD!", went the bird. Then it proceeded to fly directly up into the air and I watched it fall to the pavement in my rear view mirror. "Crud", I thought. I just knew that Lincoln was going to be upset about it. I was trying to plan what I would tell him when he asked me what had happened to that bird or why it died. I was prepared for one of those tough mom moments. Then, I heard "WHOA!"(then a noticeable pause), "...THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!" "Wait," I thought, "Awesome?" I asked Lincoln, "WHAT?!?" Lincoln's reply, amidst his laughter, "That bird was like, 'BOOM!', and then (laughter) it like (laughter) flew up in the air! ". I was confused. Could my boy seriously be getting this much joy from the death of one of God's creatures? Then, without having to ask, I got my answer; "(loud laughter) IT WAS LIKE DOVE HUNTING WITH YOUR CAR!!!!".
That's..... my boy. I guess.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's hilarious!! I think we would have had a Totally different reaction in our car :)

See you soon!