Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!

We went to see Santa Claus today and both of the kids were great! Lincoln LOVES Santa and Lexi seems to have a fondness for him as well. We drove out to the State School to see all the Christmas lights. Halfway through the lights, we were able to park the car to get out and see Santa(!). We had to wait in line for a while because Santa had to leave for a few minutes to go "feed his reindeer", but the kids were surprisingly patient and well-behaved. Lincoln went first so that he could tell Santa what he wants for Christmas. As soon as I put Lexi on Santa's knee, she proceeded to tell him "Hi!" about thirty seven times.
We'll go see him again next Friday, but hopefully there will be less waiting involved.

I almost forgot- I taught Lexi to say "Ho Ho Ho!" today. We'll ask, "What does Santa say?" and she'll pucker her lips about as tight as they'll get without closing and quietly get out the sound "Ho Oh Oh!". It's dang cute. She is a bit confused about it, however, as she was "Ho Oh Oh"-ing to everything Christmas related that was in sight.
We are finally going to set up our Christmas tree within the next couple of days. I have been putting it off for as long as possible because Lexi is a crazy woman. It's not that I'm worried about the ornaments... I'm worried about her actually pulling the tree down! I do not kid when I say that my girl is pesky! She is in to EVERYTHING! I was going to wait until a week before Christmas to put up the tree (and not even bother with the ornaments this year), but Lincoln really started asking me about it a few days ago. He said, "Mom, we have to put up my tree! We don't even have to decorate it since Lexi will get the ornaments but we need our Christmas tree!" Seriously, how could I say no to that??
Hope you are all keeping warm in this unusually cold weather we've been having. I wish it would at least snow if it's gonna be this dang cold! BRRR!

No comments: