Saturday, October 14, 2006

family, rattles, Barney, and the like.

Hello all. The past few days have been absolutely lovely. My sister is in town from Austin and we have been hanging out with her a bunch. Yesterday we hung out and carved pumpkins because we thought Lincoln would enjoy it, but he cared nothing about it (he kept saying "pumpkin guts! ewwwwww!") so Mitsi and I carved them for ourself while Lincoln took a nap. Mitsi made a kitty and I made a very nice happy face, however, once I was through I noticed a large 'scar' on one side of his face. This reminded me of Aaron Neville and his face tattoo. I names my Jack-O-Lantern Aaron Neville. My siblings and I proceeded to sing Aaron Neville songs throughout the day yesterday and today. That was fun. And we like to do the Horatio Sanz impersonation of Aaron Neville... if any of you watch Saturday Night Live, you might appreciate "I ned some CO-COA BUT-TER!" most of you are probably confused. it is ok. it is hilarious to me.

My brother SAVED A MAN'S LIFE the other day!!! In case you don't know, my brother is an X-Ray Tech in training at Hendrick. He is almost through with Radiography school there and when he has completed that he will go on to some other school in San Marcos to become a Radiation Technician (he will give Radiation Therapy to cancer patients and the like). Well, the other day, there was a man in critical condition whom Matt needed to do an X-Ray on, so my brother goes to the ICU and the guy is coding... a nurse is giving him CPR (y'know, where they press on yoru chest to get your heart to beat... COMPRESSIONS!) so the girl is getting tired, and my brother, being the gentleman that he is, offers to take over for her. Meanwhile, a cardiologist, the dying man's general physician, an anesthesiologist, and several other nurses are in the room... So the man's heart COMPLETELY stops beating, he flatlined.... he was DEAD. my brother kept pressing on his chest.... a couple min utes later, his heart started beating again. My brother freaking saved that man's life. How amazing is that!!!???

So tonight included one of the scariest events of my entire life.... Scott, Lincoln, and I got home from dinner with my family... No big deal, the usualy getting home process. Scott gets out of the car, unlocks the back door- no rush, taking his time- goes back to the car to get some tools, goes back to the house to put the tools inside, goes BACK outside to get Lincoln... meanwhile, I have gathered our things and begun to make my way into the house... Scott grabs Lincoln. I walk in the house, Scott puts Lincoln down and Lincoln steps in the house, then Scott is standing on our back step... I heard something, and it seemed like it took an eternity to register, though I'm sure it wa sonly about half a second... It was a RATTLESNAKE!!!! So of course I yelled that to Scott, he jumped in the house, and looks outside to see that a big rattlesnake is about 1.5 FEET away from our back step, definitely in striking range. Scott walked back and forth past that thing 3 times. I walked past him. Lincoln was right there by him. We were all a max of 1 1/2 FEET away from a poisonous RATTLESNAKE who had made him bed comfortably behind our grill. I yell at Scott to go get the gun, but he didn't have the right kind of gun here, so I have to call my aunt and uncle (who live next door) to come kill this thing that is RIGHT BY OUR BACK DOOR. Meanwhile, Scott is standing right in the doorway and of course Lincoln wants to see what Daddy's looking at. I'm shaking, I'm SO scared.... So I take Lincoln and put him in front of the TV, by the time my cousin comes over with a shotgun, the snake is long gone... and even creepier, he slithered under our house! how scary is that, the whole time we were nonchalanlty entering our house AS USUAL, that guy was less than 2 feet away from us, could've struck any one of us at any time... This is another major reason I don't like living here! It makes me want to move even more.

Lastly, (I know this is long but this is my last story so bear with me), we put Lincoln down to sleep, he DIDN'T ask for his passy!!! (which is a horrible habit I HATE, but he only asks for it when he's going to sleep and we haven't had energy to try and let him scream himself to sleep to wean him off of it) So we put him in bed and I cam eback here to get on the computer, and Lincoln is singing to himself, "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family. With a great big hug and kiss from me to you! Won't you say you love me too?" in tune, i might add... and he repeated the song about 5 times. SO CUTE! ...what a great boy i have...

AH! THE CARDINALS HAVE WON 2 IN A ROW!!! Tonight's game was a SHUTOUT. We won 5-0! It was awesome!

Sorry this was a frickin novel. I better get ready for bed since I hardly got any sleep last night (woke up early as hell for garage sale-ing) and tomorrow we've got to get up and get to church! Love to all of you my wonderful friends :)

No comments: