Saturday, October 28, 2006

What's not to love???

t has been an amazing past 48 hours or so. I love life. Yeah.

For those of you who never get out of bed and know nothing of what's going on in the world around you, the FREAKING St. Louis CARDINALS won the FREAKING WORLD SERIESSSS!!!! Seriously, honestly, I can't believe it. I mean, the 2nd half of our regular season- we SUCKED. we barely made it to the post-season... We weren't supposed to make it past the Division Series... we did. we weren't supposed to make it past the Championship Series.... we did. We DEFINITELY WEREN'T supposed to win the World Series- WE FREAKING DID! BUT, during the post-season, we had all our guys! We had SO many injured guys during the 2nd half of our season and we got everybody healthy, and we KICK ASS!!!! ...the end.

On another note, I GOT MY CAR BACK TODAY!!!!!!!!! A couple weeks before Christmas last year, my car messed up. My dad told me he would have it fixed after Christmas- but he didn't tell me HOW LONG after Christmas. he didn't tell me it would be 10 MONTHS after Christmas! But holy cow! i've been driving that crappy little Civic (i can't stress LITTLE enough- it's tiiiiiny!) for almost a year, and i finally have MY car back! My absolutely b-e-a-utiful Accord. it's shiny and the leather looks like new and it's fully loaded (love it!) and it's BIGGER and it RUNS like a freaking dream. it's like driving a freaking Mercedes after driving that crappy Civic. So I'm happy. I've got such a great dad. He fixed that mostly by himself, Scott helped as much as he could, but my daddy really did most of it. he bought the parts, fixed it- spent like a week on it... saved us about $2000. yeah, he's amazing.

I walked into a serious time warp today... I'm helping with musical direction of the Clyde H.S. Musical... today was my first day to have to go help (yes, on a Saturday). Before I walked in there I was thinking "this isn't going to be weird, it'll be just fine" well, i had to go in the side door (the door the cast/crew/students use) and when i opened the first door, as i was walking down a small set of stairs, it was WEIRD!!! it was like a freaking time warp! i felt like i should be getting up on the stage to do some acting myself. I can't believe it's been 5 years since i've been on that stage. gaaaaaah i miss it!!!!! FIVE YEARS. that makes me feel old. it was 2001, i was the lead role in SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS. that ACTUALLY wasn't the last time i was on it, now that i think about it.... OAP (One Act Play) was after that. gosh, that's the ONLY thing about high school that i even remotely miss. high school sucked, though.

and i've got a great husband and a great son.... i've got a great life.
it's just been a good past couple days.

No comments: